I love the Christmas season. Family, friends, food, and more food. Dad reading the story of Jesus’ birth at the fireplace, harmonious melodies throughout the house (or your car) and the glorious smells of spiral honey ham, gingerbread, and Candy Cane Hershey Kisses. (Ok, that last one doesn’t necessarily fill the house, but they are oh so tasty.)
So here’s some of my top 3’s of the Christmas season:
Ultimate Fave: Chad proposing in the middle of a Christmas parade in Blowing Rock, NC – BEST gift ever!!!
And I’m still a big fan of these at Christmas time, so don’t knock ’em!
1. Reese’s Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Fudge, dad and I would make it ever year since 7th grade
2. Grandma’s cornbread dressing, I also helped dad every year and now carry on the tradition
3. Homemade tamales and tortillas from my granny and aunts on my mom’s (Hispanic) side, yum-o!
Best of Childhood Gifts
1. Nintendo, 1992
2. Baby Alive, 1990
3. My first Sony boombox w/ Cd player AND cassette player, 1995
Worst of Childhood Gifts
1. A pack of blank recordable cassette tapes
2. Perfumed dusting powder- it was strong as all get-out and busted all over my jeans
3. A plastic, cross with open bible clock
Now leave me some comments with your Christmas faves or best/worst of gift you received as a kid.