Spending time taking a break, traveling around, sleeping in, reflecting, listening to God’s voice, hanging with friends…ah, the good things in life. I’m glad I’ve been able to do it, and Chad and I have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
Some random thoughts mulling over the past few weeks…
1. I love how you can get together with those few special friends that you come across in your life, how any time or distance could’ve passed and when you meet up it’s like you pick right up where you left off and no time has gone by at all… and that time turns into hours of just sitting with coffee, talking, laughing, crying and sharing hearts. That’s a sweet time.
2. It’s always a great time going to the Apple store at Crabtree Valley Mall. My 4-year-old ipod is busted and I wanted to get a new one sooo bad, but Chad and the Apple reps said waaaaiiit til Wednesday after the press conference- speculation says it could be the next gen ipod. Did you know you can “recycle” your old ipod and they’ll give you 10% off toward your next ipod? Good to know.
3. Chad has been a trading/selling fool this summer. He loves perusing The Gear Page on all things guitars and gear. He has traded and sold some stuff and saved up as well…and this weekend got a pretty stinkin’ sweet amp for a mad deal. Bye bye Dr. Z, hello Fender Super Sonic. I don’t know much about amps but it’s got a nice full, warm sound full of character, in my opinion.
4. Checking out the 11:00 service at C3 is always cool. Good to see friends and check out the progress on the new building. They also just announced their new high school pastor Scott Randlett, an LU grad like us, who seems to be a cool, solid guy who is a great communicator. He’s coming from Christ Fellowship Church from Palm Beach Gardens, FL. He spoke in the main services about seeing people thru the eyes of Jesus. Good stuff, check the podcast here.
5. Spending hours in line sweating to death at Charleston’s American Idol auditions: not as fun as you might think. Cool to tour around and hang out with friends though. No, I didn’t make the first round, but oh well, it IS a tv show… On the way back Myrtle Beach Hilton was pretty nice, thanks to my discount. And oh, in Myrtle Beach, Margaritaville is one of THE funnest restaurants to go to if you like giant Hurricanes spinning in the middle of the ceiling, giant blenders on the ground, boats for tables, eating a Cheeseburger in Paradise, and of course…Jimmy Buffet music and Jimmy Buffet everything.
6. Tree63 is going to ROCK at the See You At The Pole rally C3 is kicking off Sept. 23rd at 5pm. We’re pretty excited about hittin’ that up.
7. Back to “seeing with the eyes of Jesus”…he always provides. For your needs, a clear vision, a fresh passion, comfort and hope for the messy times you don’t know what to expect or which way to head. He gives sight to those who want to see clearly, and when we go after him He surely reveals himself…
Jeremiah 29:12-14 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back from captivity. [a] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”